Linux Software Developer, Vancouver, Canada
Wurldtech Security Technologies is a leading provider of networking security solutions to SCADA, process-control and mission-critical industries worldwide.
We really care about security and take pride in helping our customer protect their critical infrastructure. We take our job seriously but also believe that we need to have fun along the way. As part of our team you really need to love technology and have an interest in security. You'll really fit in if you are a geek and proud of it.
We are a GE Company with many benefits of a larger organization, but as a separate business entity we still have a small company culture with excellent career growth potential. We have several positions open on our product development teams where you'll be working in a cross-disciplinary team on a variety of really interesting network security related products.
If you are looking for a rewarding career and want to work on products that can actually make a real difference, contact us today.
- Work as part of an Agile development team to write protocol robustness tests and implement low level networking functionality in our Achilles Test Platform/Software.
- Work as part of an Agile development team to write protocol robustness algorithms and implement low level networking functionality on a Linux platform
- Design and develop robustness algorithms to find vulnerabilities in implementation of network protocols
- Study protocol specifications to identify potential security problems in implementations of such protocols
- Write automated tests for your code
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities with colleagues
- Mentor junior developers of the team
- Produce code within quality and Best Practices coding standards
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience developing software on Linux
- Understanding of network protocol concepts (particularly TCP/IP)
- Strong programming skills in one or more languages (we use Python, Lua, Java and C)
- Experience writing tests for your code (unit tests, regression tests, system tests etc.)
- Experience with version control system (Git, Subversion, CVS etc.)
- Ability to work both in a self-directed manner, and as part of a team
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Interest in networking and network security
- Genuine desire to excel as a well-rounded software developer
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Experience with low-level Unix networking APIs (packet sockets, ICMP, etc.)
- Experience with low-level networking APIs (packet sockets, ICMP, etc.)
- Experience or exposure to SCADA system and process control systems
- Linux kernel development experience (device drivers and network stacks)
- Understanding of programming mistakes and how to exploit them
- Experience with software security vulnerabilities, and the ability to quickly identify security issues when looking at an application’s code
- Familiarity with GUI design and development
- Experience with issue tracking systems (JIRA, Redmine, Bugzilla etc.)
If you are interested in this position, please apply here.